The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most recognizable and capable vehicles in the world, with a history that dates back to the original Willys MB of World War II. For decades, the Jeep Wrangler has been the go-to choice for adventurers, explorers, and off-road enthusiasts who value its rugged design, open-air freedom, and legendary 4x4 performance. Now, the Jeep brand is introducing the new 2024 Wrangler in Europe, with numerous enhancements that make it more modern, comfortable, and eco-friendly than ever before.
The new 2024 Jeep Wrangler arrives in Europe with a new grille, redesigned rims, a new Dana axle for off-road enthusiasts, new driving aids, and a new interior with 12-way electrically adjustable front seats, curtain airbags, a 12.3-inch multimedia screen with the Uconnect 5 system, and wireless connection to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The new Wrangler also offers a range of advanced powertrain options, including the plug-in hybrid 4xe system that delivers up to 380 horsepower and 31 miles of pure-electric driving.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the new 2024 Jeep Wrangler and what it has to offer for European customers. We will also compare it to some of its main competitors in the segment, such as the Land Rover Defender, the Toyota Land Cruiser, and the Mercedes-Benz G-Class. Finally, we will give our verdict on whether the new Wrangler is worth buying or not.
What’s New for 2024?
The new 2024 Jeep Wrangler features several changes and improvements over the previous model year. Some of the most notable ones are:
- A new grille design that incorporates the LED headlights and gives the Wrangler a more modern and refined look.
- New 18-inch rims for the Sahara trim and new 17-inch rims for the Rubicon trim, both with distinctive designs that enhance the Wrangler’s off-road character.
- A new full-float Dana 44 HD rear axle for the Rubicon trim provides increased strength and durability for extreme off-road conditions.
- A redesigned interior that offers more comfort, convenience, and safety features. The new Wrangler comes with standard 12-way power front seats with lumbar support and memory function, first and second-row side curtain airbags, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, dual-zone automatic climate control, keyless entry and start, and a rearview camera.
- A new 12.3-inch Uconnect 5 touchscreen radio that provides access to various functions and features, such as navigation, media, phone, settings, climate, and vehicle information. The Uconnect 5 system also supports wireless connection to Apple CarPlay Android Auto, and Amazon Alexa integration.
- A new plug-in hybrid 4xe powertrain option that combines a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with two electric motors and a lithium-ion battery pack. The 4xe system delivers a total output of 380 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque and allows the Wrangler to travel up to 31 miles on electric power alone. The 4xe system also offers three driving modes: Hybrid, Electric, and eSave. Hybrid mode blends torque from both sources and uses battery power first. The electric mode uses only battery power until it reaches a minimum state of charge. eSave mode preserves battery charge for later use.