PEUGEOT unveils the new PEUGEOT 508 PSE (PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED). Developed with the racing expertise of PEUGEOT Sport, the plug-in hybrid combines a gasoline engine and two electric motors for an output of 265 kW (360hp).
The new PEUGEOT 508 PSE is currently the most powerful production model from PEUGEOT. Thanks to the smart combination of an internal combustion engine with two electric motors, the drive train achieves 265 kW(360hp). The 520 Nm torque is available almost from the start. The all-wheel-drive ensures optimal traction in all weather conditions. The CO2 emissions and fuel consumption are extremely low: the PEUGEOT 508 PSE is certified according to the WLTP standard with 46 g CO2 / km and 2.03 l / 100 km.
The PEUGEOT Sport engineers have adapted the chassis of the PEUGEOT 508 so that the very high level of comfort is retained even with its sporty character. The driving mode switch of the PEUGEOT 508 PSE is located on the centre console. It allows a quick change between the five modes:
- Electric: for 100 % electric driving, with a range of 42 km and offers high-speed acceleration.
- Comfort: hybrid mode with softer suspension for high driving comfort.
- Hybrid: depending on the circumstances, the mode automatically selects the performance of the combustion engine or the electric motors for optimized consumption.
- Sport: enables the maximum output of 265 kW (360 hp).
- 4WD all-wheel-drive mode: for maximum traction.
The level of performance of the PEUGEOT 508 PSE plug-in-hybrid is unique for the brand:
- 0 to 100 km / h in 5.2 seconds,
- 1,000 m in 24.5 seconds,
- top speed of 250 km / h
The PEUGEOT 508 PSE plug-in hybrid can be ordered as a coupé, sedan and station wagon from autumn 2020.