The new Opel Crossland compact SUV is refreshed and aesthetically inspired by Mokka. Crossland receives new 16 and 17 inch wheels, available in several colour variants. Opel will soon open orders for the new Crossland, which will arrive in dealerships in early 2021.
The range of engines for the Crossland compact SUV consists of a 1.2-litre petrol unit and a 1.5-litre diesel. In the aspirated version, the 1.2-litre engine offers 83 horsepower and is mated to a five-speed manual, while the turbo version is available with 110 and 130 horsepower and a six-speed manual transmission. The one with 130 horsepower can also be ordered with a six-speed automatic.
Inside, the changes are not dramatic, at least in terms of design. Opel Crossland has first-class AGR ergonomic front seats for comfort, and the multimedia system with up to 8-inch centre screen offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functions as standard. The SUV also convinces with its great flexibility, thanks to the individually sliding and reclining rear seats. They are split 60/40 and slide up to 150 millimetres, increasing the boot space from 410 to 520 litres in seconds. By fully folding the rear seats, the boot volume increases to 1,255 litres.
Drivers and passengers are also well-connected thanks to the wide range of infotainment systems such as the BT Radio system, Multimedia Radio and the top version, the Navi Pro Multimedia system with an 8.0-inch colour touch screen. Real-time navigation with real-time traffic information and current fuel prices and a direct link to the roadside assistance and emergency call guarantees a relaxing journey.
The most important support systems of the new Opel Crossland compact SUV:
- windshield display: projects the most important data on speed, navigation and assistance systems
- frontal collision warning system with automatic emergency braking and pedestrian detection
- lane departure warning system (LDWS)
- blind-spot monitoring assistant uses ultrasonic sensors to alert vehicles moving to the sides of the vehicle
- Intelligent Parking Assist System: identifies the appropriate parallel and perpendicular parking spaces and automatically parks the vehicle
- cruise control with speed limiter
Opel Crossland will debut commercially soon, by the end of the year, and deliveries are promised for early next year.
Currently, the Opel Crossland X starts at 18,516 euros.