Tesla Motors announced today that the iconic Tesla Roadster is now available with new innovations and options, but only in limited markets. The last version of the historic, limited-production electric supercar will only be available in Europe, Asia and Australia.
"The Tesla Roadster is the first and only of its kind: an electric sports car with exhilarating performance, zero emissions and gorgeous looks," said Tesla Vice President of Communications, Ricardo Reyes. "This latest version embodies Tesla’s commitment to constant improvement. These Roadsters are our best ever.”
New options and enhanced features of the updated Roadster include:
- Exclusive encore colors - Cosmic Black, Galactic Gray and Magma Orange - with new, complimentary interior colors
- A rear snow cover and improved motor and inverter systems for even better performance in snow and ice
- Improved air conditioning for driver comfort in the hottest months
- Xenon headlamps ideal for rural night driving
- Enhanced front windscreen seals to make the cabin even quieter
- Two new Mobile Connectors available for charging in Europe and Japan
- The Tesla IEC Type 2 (Mennekes) Mobile Connector enables charging from Type 2 stations and outlets, the most common EV charging infrastructure in Europe
- The J1772 Mobile Connector enables charging from a developing infrastructure of public J1772 charge stations in Japan
Updated Roadsters are available now in Europe, Asia and Australia, while they last.
Over 2100 current Roadster owners in at least 31 countries have logged more than 18 million electric miles – and counting.
Tesla Motors has announced production of the right-hand-drive version of its iconic Tesla Roadster sports car, the only highway-capable electric vehicle for sale worldwide....read more
Tesla Motors unveiled its next-generation sports car, the Tesla Roadster 2.5, to the public this weekend at the 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed.The Tesla Roadster 2.5...read more
The captivating nature of the car formed massive media frenzy and resulted in the Model X being the third most searched term on Google. On Thursday evening, the night of...read more
Tesla Model S was named "2013 Car of the Year" by the prestigious American magazine Motor Trend; Tesla Model S defeated cars from some big producers like BMW and Ford. This is the...read more
Whilst the idea of an electric sports car (or simply electric fast car, witness the 100 km/h record-breaker back in 1899) is not new, not much thought have been given so far to consider...read more