The street hustling propelled Chevrolet Camaro 1LE execution bundle returns for 2013 with one of a kind outfitting, suspension tuning and tires that make the model able to do more than 1 g of horizontal quickening and a sub-three moment lap time at Virginia International Raceway's Grand Course. It is offered on Camaro SS roadsters with manual transmissions.
The Chevrolet Camaro 1LE likewise includes select, monotube raise dampers rather than the twin-tube dampers on SS models. The new equipment enabled specialists to tune the 1LE suspension to concentrate on ideal body-movement control while saving a significant part of the ride quality and wheel-movement control of the Camaro SS.
Other changes to optimize the 1LE for track-day use include:
- Larger, 27-mm solid front stabilizer bar, and 28-mm solid rear stabilizer bar for improved body control
- Higher-capacity rear-axle half shafts to cope with increased levels of traction
- Strut tower brace for improved steering feel and response
- ZL1-based 20 x 10-inch front and 20 x 10-inch aluminum wheels
- 285/35ZR20 Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 tires front and rear (identical to the front tires for ZL1)
- ZL1 wheel bearings, toe links and rear shock mounts for improved on-track performance
- ZL1 high-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups for improved fuel delivery during high-load cornering.
The first Chevrolet Camaro 1LE package was introduced in 1988, inspired by Camaro's involvement in Pro-Am road racing.