The UK government confirmed last month that the sale of new gasoline and diesel cars will be banned in 2040. Hybrid cars are not included. That means that cars with an additional power source will still be allowed in the UK.
Here are the top 10 cars that you can buy in today's showrooms:
10. Toyota Yaris Hybrid is the 10th among the best-rated hybrid cars. The Toyota Yaris Hybrid is the smallest car in our list, proving that you can have hybrid power in a supermini package. The starting price is £ 12,495.
9. Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV with a starting price of £ 31,805. It was the best-selling alternative fuel vehicle in the UK in 2016, and the sales here excelent in Japan.
8. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 h, this car could be a wise choice for companies because the running costs are low and the interior design is agile and easy to handle. The starting price is £ 36,760.
7. The BMW i8, significantly more expensive than the other models in this list at the price of 105,580 lire, but it is undoubtedly the most sophisticated car in the list.
6. The Volvo XC90 T8. The electric engine unit offers up to 27 miles on its own power and the emissions are only 49g / km. It has a turbocharged 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine and can be found at a price of £ 61,705.
5. Volkswagen Golf GTE has a full electric charge of about 30 miles and starts at £ 28,135.\
4. The BMW i3, with a starting price of 32,340 pounds, less than one third of the BMW i8 price.
3. Toyota Prius at £ 24,115 starting price. The initiator of the hybrid movement, the latest Prius is the best yet, no doubt.
2. The Audi A3 e-tron. The model works even better and has a cabin even smarter than the VW Golf GTE, with which it resembles very much. The hybrid car can be found at £ 33,540.
1. The Volkswagen Passat GTE With a 500-mile range on a fuel tank, the GTE Passat is a hybrid jewel often overlooked.